||Solutions 4 Health Ltd
Contract Type: Part time/Job Share 20 hours per week
Salary: £10,500 to £11,500 per annum depending on experience
Place of Work: Across Berkshire
Responsible to: Public Health Lifestyle Services Lead
Please note if you have not heard within 6 weeks of the closing date you have not been successful on this occasion.
Solutions 4 Health has been commissioned to deliver a service that provides a professional led system of falls risk assessment and support coordination in the community. By providing support to those at a moderate level of falls risk, this service represents a new, secondary level of support that stops short of the third tier of intensive, specialist treatment and prevents unnecessary progression to this high level of care.
The service also comprises of community based Strength and Balance classes aimed at people identified at risk of falling. The Physiotherapy Falls Prevention Advisor will be trained or will already have the skills to appropriately deliver classes to older frailer people.
The Falls Prevention service aims to deliver preventative health interventions to reduce the falls within the county and to combat the associated cost linked to health and social care. It aims to promote:
- Promote and develop greater independence, quality of life and a healthy active lifestyle among older people referred into the service
- Prevent hospital admissions that occur as a result of a fall
- Provide a service to meet the needs of an ageing and growing population
The suitable candidate will plan, lead and coordinate a programme of community based strength and balance clinics. Successful candidates will take part in an OTAGO Strength & Balance Exercise Programme (OEP) training fully funded by Solutions 4 Health. This invaluable opportunity will help candidates develop the skills necessary to plan, lead and coordinate a programme of community based strength and balance clinics. Also essential to the Falls Prevention Advisor role is the ability to interact and motivate clients whilst providing a high quality service.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Complete OTAGO Strength & Balance Exercise Programme (OEP) training through Later Life Training, fully funded and hosted by Solutions 4 Health.
- Plan, implement and develop a programme of Strength and Balance clinics for those identified at risk of falls
- Undertake full Risk Assessment of Falls within service users homes
- Service delivery should be in line with national guidelines and governing bodies.
- Assess and interpret clinical information regarding referred patients whilst maintaining confidentiality and data protection.
- Undertake confidential health screening for all referred clients, involving functional measurements and devising appropriate programmes. Ensure programmes are reflective of individual needs of the clients and are mindful of health and safety standards
- Identify realistic goals, monitor and evaluate progression whilst continually motivating to increase adherence to the programme.
- Interact with referred clients, recording details, monitoring adherence and providing individual support and advice. Ensure that all sessions and activities are monitored in line with agreed targets.
- Maintain and regularly update client information by providing data both electronically and in paper format to contribute to the timely monitoring and evaluation process.
- Receive and provide sensitive information to and from healthcare professionals, including primary & secondary care.
- Motivate, support and reassure clients, whilst being considerate of and understanding barriers to change.
- Establish good rapport and relationships with clients to maintain participation and involvement in the programme
- Communicate effectively and interact collaboratively with clients, partners and stakeholders to resolve issues or problems arising.
- Have a flexible approach to working hours in order to meet the needs of the service.
- Maintain accurate records and information systems in line with company policies.
- Assist the Project Manager in monitoring, evaluating and reporting on the effectiveness of programme interventions.
- Establish and maintain health and safety standards within all programmes, ensuring that all activities are risk assessed and undertaken with due regard to health and safety regulations.
- The post holder will be required to wear a branded shirt and ID Badge at all times whilst on duty.
ELIGIBILITY TO WORK IN THE UK
All applicants must be eligible to work in the UK. We only accept applications from candidates who are legally entitled to work in the UK.
DISCLOSURE AND BARRING SERVICE CHECK
All Solutions 4 Health employees either in direct contact with patients and/or with access to patient data are required to pass a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) check.
It is a requirement of this post that you undertake an enhanced DBS check, and you will be asked to complete and sign a Disclosure Form giving permission for the screening to take place. If you refuse to sign the form your appointment will not be progressed further.
It is expected that all staff will develop flexible working practices both within the organisation and within the health network, to be able to meet the challenges and opportunities of working within the changing UK NHS-focused landscape.
SAFEGUARDING AND PROMOTING THE WELFARE OF CHILDREN AND
Solutions 4 Health is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and vulnerable adults. This is defined as protecting children and vulnerable adults from maltreatment, preventing impairment of their health or development and ensuring that their domestic and social circumstances are consistent with the provision of safe and effective care.
During the course of your employment you may see, hear or have some access to, information on matters of a confidential nature relating to Solutions 4 Health or to the health and personal affairs of patients and staff. Under no circumstances should such information be divulged or passed on to any unauthorised person(s) or organisation(s).
Solutions 4 Health is committed to the development of positive policies to promote equal opportunity in employment. All employees have a responsibility to ensure that they understand, comply with and promote the Equal Opportunities Policy, avoiding behaviours which discriminate against colleagues, potential employees, clients or patients on the grounds of sex, marital status, race, age, sexuality, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or disability.
NO SMOKING POLICY
Solutions 4 Health has a No Smoking Policy, which does not allow smoking by staff or visitors on any of our premises.
Person Specification for Physiotherapy Falls Prevention Advisor
- Successful applicant will have knowledge of behaviour change theory and exercise adherence and be educated to at least an undergraduate degree level in physiotherapy as well as have experience with partnership working.
- Have experience working with hard to reach/vulnerable groups, motivating/interacting with multiple risk factor individuals and of observing clients during exercise and reacting appropriately.
- Be committed to providing an efficient and effective service, provide written and verbal reports, have good organisation skills, have an awareness of data protection and patient confidentiality,
- Have experience of working to tight deadlines and targets, excellent time management skills, an ability to work independently and as part of a team and have the ability to collect data and assist with monitoring and evaluation.
- Be self-motivated, enthusiastic, and friendly, have a flexible approach to working hours and have the ability to travel across Slough and the surrounding area.
- The successful applicant may have an undergraduate degree in public health/equivalent, a postural stability instructor qualification, a first aid qualification and the ability to speak two or more language